Non-Profits and Tax Exempt Organizations
At Weston Patrick we proudly represent a wide variety of national charitable organizations, including churches and educational institutions. In addition, in conjunction with our Estate, Trust and Probate Group and our Trustee, Fiduciary and Family Office Services Group we have the unique privilege of acting as the planned giving wing of several national charities by administering their charitable trusts, pooled income funds, donor advised funds and charitable gift annuities programs. In that capacity our attorneys are called upon to present at national planned giving conferences and events.
Our professionals offer the following services:
- Drafting of charitable trusts, including endowment trusts and grants
- Creation and administration of private foundations
- Filing of applications for tax exempt status with the Internal Revenue Service
- Preparation and filing of Forms 990 and requisite state filings
- Administration of all manner of planned giving vehicles such as charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, endowment trusts, pooled income funds, charitable gift annuities and donor advised funds